*University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Medical Research Coordinator 16120
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This entry level position will recruit and interview prospective subjects for neuroradiology studies within the Department of Radiology.
_Examples of Work Performed_
· Collaborate with clinical and research staff to ensure tests and procedures required by protocols are scheduled and performed correctly.
· Recruit and interview prospective subjects for studies in the Department of Radiology. Familiarize potential subjects with the details of the study through phone contacts, personal interviews, and informed consent.
· Schedule subject participation in research, coordinating all aspects of research requirements and physician support.
· Assure compliance with protocol details, complete necessary records, and accurately transfer source documentation into study databases. Maintain research patient files and ensure compliance for records required for each study.
· Update and maintain various databases, specific to each study.
· Recognize adverse and serious adverse events, and provide prompt notification to the appropriate parties.
· Prepare documentation for monitoring visits and audits.
· Coordinate clinical trial initiation procedures including regulatory document submissions.
· Manage regulatory binders and ensure proper documentation are filed appropriately.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located atEmployee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, or a related field and 1 year experience in clinical research
· Demonstratedknowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, and computers
· Experience with database software
· Excellentinterpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task
· Thorough understanding of HIPAA and human subjects protection regulations
· Knowledgeof Good Clinical Practice guidelines and FDA regulations
· Experience with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
· Current HIPAA and human subjects protection certification__
· Experience preparing and submitting studies to COMIRB (through InfoEd)__
· Experience with functional brain imaging software__
· Experience with UNIX languages such as tcsh__
_Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_
· Knowledge ofresearch standards set forth by the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), University of Colorado Hospital, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
· Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subject Protection.
· Understanding of clinical research Standard Operating Procedures, Institutional Review Board requirements, study budgets, record keeping requirements, and medical records.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx --__
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Organization: *H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus
Title: Medical Research Coordinator
Requisition ID: 16120