University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Faculty Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Position
Instructor I Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
UC Health Multi-specialty Cancer Practlce
Highlands Ranch Cancer Center
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Applications are sought for a part-time faculty clinical position with benefits Instructor/NP or PA, UC Health Multi-specialty cancer practice, Highlands Ranch Hospital. Candidates should have a strong professional background in Oncology and/or Hematology. The APP position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for oncology patients.
The Nurse Practitioner I Physician Assistant will be an active participant in clinical work seeing patients daily in Oncology clinics,as well as overseeing a chemotherapy infusion area.The APP will provide in-office and telephone support for Oncology patients and their families. As part of this position, additional training as needed in active symptom management, palliative care, and clinical trials conduct will be provided. Work Location: Highlands Ranch Multi-Specialty Cancer Practice, located at 1500 Park Central Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center within a matrix organization consisting of 14 institutions including the University of Colorado, University of Colorado Hospital, the Denver Veterans Administration Hospital. It is within the top 20 Cancer Centers in the United States per national rankings.
Clinical Job Responsibilities:
This full-time faculty APP position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for oncology patients in the Highlands Ranch Cancer Center, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of healthcare resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for patient care.
• Manages the health care of patients at the Highlands Ranch Cancer Center, including coordination of patient care (as necessary) with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
• Performs a comprehensive patient health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; Identifies medical health risks and needs.
• Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase 1-111 clinical trials.
• Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
• Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the Highlands Ranch Cancer Center.
• Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
• Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of patient medications/devices.
• Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
• Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
• Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
• Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
• Participates as a team member in providing healthcare, effectively interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
• Maintains accurate, legible, and confidential records. Charting must be current and up to date to ensure communication of patient needs/progress/therapy between healthcare providers.
• Intermittent weekend coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed. Rounding of inpatients may be needed. Call will be as needed for additional pay with physician back-up.
• Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care. Participates in applicable training on systems as required.
• Education and Certification must be congruent with population focus of the Oncology/Hematology position.
• Graduate of an accredited training program.
• Licensed in Colorado or eligible for licensure.
• Basic Life Support certified.
• Strong professional background in Oncology and/or Hematology with at least 1 year of professional working experience. Please state work history facts to support facility specific clinical experience.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant School is required; AND Certified as
a Nurse Practitioner/or as a Physician Assistant by a national professional organization.
• Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in Colorado. Meets and maintains the requirements of the nursing requirements of the nursing credential review board for the advance practice nurse/physician assistant.
• Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado, USA.
• Strong professional background in Oncology and/or Hematology with at least 2 years of professional working experience. Please state work history facts to support facility-specific clinical experience.
• Prior Oncology and /or Hematology experience with Clinical Trials.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located atEmployee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Organization: *U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS
Title: Part-Time Instructor-NP-PA HRH
Requisition ID: 16738