University of Colorado – English as a Second Language (ESL) Academy
*Temporary English Language Specialist *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This position teaches one to three intensive English classes per term in any skill area and level to non-native English speaking college-bound students. General Duties:
• Teach one to three classes per eight-week term on a temporary basis.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Hold at least one office hour per week.
• Deliver and tailor instruction to a variety of language and cultural backgrounds.
• Assess student progress according to curricular objectives on a pass/fail basis.
• Adhere to and enforce program policies and procedures by reporting student offenses.
• Collaborate with other instructional staff as needed.
• Hold tutoring sessions as needed.
• BA degree with TEFL certification.
• One to three years teaching in an intensive/academic English program setting
• Demonstrated ability to teach a broad variety of ESL skill areas and proficiency levels
• Experience using technology in pedagogy Preferred Qualifications
• MA degree in TESOL, English or Applied Linguistics
• Fluency in a language other than English
• Five or more years of full time teaching experience in an intensive English program setting
• Experience in: curriculum construction, assessment, accent modification or managing student activities
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15703
Job: *Professional Support Services
Organization: *D0001 -- Denver Campus
Title: Temporary ESL Specialist
Requisition ID: 15703